[Farmall] 1967 IH 2424 - Courtney V

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Thu Dec 23 20:50:07 PST 2004

I can't speak for where anyone else sent information they dug up about that
tractor.  I do know that the info I sent in October did not go to your
uncle, father, aunt, or any of their other helpers.  It was sent to
courtneyv2 at excite.com .  I really thought I was helping somebody get
information about their tractor, not providing ammunition for "smug
satisfaction and an entire LIFETIME of gloating."  I put considerable effort
into finding information specific to this model tractor.  By the way, I did
it at work, with help of a coworker, where we have access to the same
manuals the ag dealers have.  Spent enough time that I went off the clock to
do it.  (That is REAL MONEY not in my pocket because I took time to research
your tractor.)  For a dealer to have information I didn't, he would
virtually have to handle Dresser equipment.  Since Dresser didn't spend time
on old manuals, you would need to find a dealer that has a stash of old
manuals.  Not surprising you couldn't find a dealer familiar with the
tractor.

I told you where the tractor was built way back on October 9, possibly
exclusive of the cab and bumpers which were added for the military.  I also
pointed out that for multiple military branches to have identical equipment,
they were most certainly built on different contracts.  By itself, that
pretty well blows any idea of them being experimental or prototype units.
Not only have you never acknowledged my sending this information, but your
spamy email hasn't been updated to show you paid any attention to the
answers either.

Others already pointed out that the tractor serial number does not have a
prefix that would go with an IH prototype.  I will add that most DOD
prototypes, at least for military equipment, have a model prefix of XM.
Your tractor doesn't have that either.

Now you can go ahead and start backpedaling again.  But the fact remains
that I sent information DIRECTLY TO YOU, not Jerry's "ungrateful" secretary.

Jim Becker        jim.becker at verizon.net