[Farmall] 1967 IH 2424 - Courtney V

CourtneyV courtneyv2 at excite.com
Wed Dec 22 07:23:28 PST 2004

 Guy Fay--Thank you!  None of that info was ever given to me (or Jerry) but it now makes sense and you will probably NOT see a lot more about this tractor on the site from now on--unless of course, I find a third one just like it.  :) Oh, the thing about archives being destroyed--Jerry had said he heard it from one of the guys at IH but that it was about a year ago, when he first bought the tractor and can't remember exactly who told him or even all the details--I tell him he's old and his mind is slipping--why doesn't anyone write this stuff down?  He said he thought it was when the IH plant closed in Racine that employees cleaned out several truckloads of office records and hauled them to the dump before it was discovered.  Maybe it wasn't archives, just billing records or something like that...or maybe just a rumor.  We know how fast that can spread.   Thank you again for taking the time.  Courtney VandenRidge