[AT] Got Woodchuck Pills? and Dogs

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Dec 22 05:41:08 PST 2004

>     The dog, Kirby that I mentioned in my story had a partner, or more like a
> decoy, who was a yellow mixture of unknown origin named Buffy who was slow
> witted and slow moving. Kirby and Buffy would meet the groundhog head on. When
> they were close enough, Kirby would jump to the side and the groundhog would go
> after Buffy while kirby would attack the back of the critter's neck and kill it
> instantly. Kirby got all groundhog and Buffy got the bites and scratches.
>     Kirby was a gentle dog who would not even give a rabbit or pheasant a second
> look. He even tolerated the foxes who visited the apple trees each year. This
> dog loved to fly with me and didn't know a stranger at an airport.
>
>                         Gene

	Nice story, Gene. I've got dogs on my mind this morning I guess.
I was thinking about giving myself a new dog for Christmas. It has been
about 3 1/2 years now since I had to have my German Shorthair Pointer put
away and I still find myself saving a piece of hamburger or looking for
her when I pull in the yard. I thought maybe I would check out a litter of
Jack Russell pups today and see what happens.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson