[AT] Got Woodchuck Pills? and Dogs

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Wed Dec 22 05:10:13 PST 2004

    The dog, Kirby that I mentioned in my story had a partner, or more like a
decoy, who was a yellow mixture of unknown origin named Buffy who was slow
witted and slow moving. Kirby and Buffy would meet the groundhog head on. When
they were close enough, Kirby would jump to the side and the groundhog would go
after Buffy while kirby would attack the back of the critter's neck and kill it
instantly. Kirby got all groundhog and Buffy got the bites and scratches.
    Kirby was a gentle dog who would not even give a rabbit or pheasant a second
look. He even tolerated the foxes who visited the apple trees each year. This
dog loved to fly with me and didn't know a stranger at an airport.

                        Gene