[AT] OT- Late model chevy truck question

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Thu Dec 16 13:35:32 PST 2004

Ralph:

I learned from others on this list that there is a way to get the error
codes checked - FREE. I checked with my local Ford dealer and a couple
repair shops and it was something like $60 or $90 to just check what error
code was showing up. That I thought was excessive. Because we can buy a
checker ourselves that we can use for less money then that. Then someone on
the list informed me that the AutoZone parts stores will check the error
codes free of charge. Sure enough, they do and did. I made sure I bought the
parts I needed there. That is what it is all about. You may not have an
AutoZone where you live but I think it would be entirely possible that one
of your local parts stores might offer the same service.

Another trick to get rid of the idiot light, check engine light, is to
remove one of the leads to the vehicle battery. That seems to reset
everything and the same situation has to occur again for the engine light to
come back on. Well, I don't know about Chevy's. It works that way on my two
Fords.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door