[Farmall] Tractor Hauling Trailer Recommendations

Larry L Hardesty hardestyll at unk.edu
Wed Dec 15 09:52:16 PST 2004

Mike,  Thanks,   I ran into a problem loading up stuff this summer to move
simply with the different widths of the front and back axles of my
tractors.  They are all wide front ends, but the difference in widths can
be enough that ramps would not catch both.   A tilt trailer would solve
that problem.  Had not thought about surge brakes but I will look to avoid
those.

Thanks again

Larry Hardesty
Kearney, Nebraska 68849-2240
308-865-8535
308-865-8722 fax
hardestyll at unk.edu

"Mike Schmudlach" <mschmudlach at charter.net>
Sent by: farmall-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
12/13/2004 10:10 PM
Please respond to
Farmall/IHC mailing list <farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com>

cc

Subject
Re: [Farmall] Tractor Hauling Trailer Recommendations

Larry,
I used to haul the C on my Bobcat Trailer and it was only 12' long.
If you haul anything bigger get a 16' or 18' trailer.  I would also
suggest
getting 3 ramps for your trailer for the narrow front tractors.  Double
axles is a must.  With two  3,500 axles w/ electric brakes you will have
no
problem.  Do not get surge brakes because they are now illegal in many
states.
Mike