[AT] Shop Toys For Christmas ?

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Dec 15 03:28:00 PST 2004

	I used to see porky's back when I hunted in the Adirondack Mountains
but haven't seen one for years - up until a couple weeks ago and just down
the road from where we are planning to build a new home in the Catskills.
He had been hit by a car and was maybe 2 feet long - nice and fat too. I had
noticed that our property has mostly beech and black birch on it and the same
applies to the neighbors properties. So, I suppose it is the availability of
food they like that brings them around. I just hope those in our neighborhood
don't like rubber hoses and brake lines like they do at Richard's place.

Cecil

>  ran into the biggest porky I've ever seen last Saturday while deer hunting
> in PA. It had to be 3 feet long. I was sitting on a big rock pile while
> watching a pipeline cut and this critter came crawling out of that pile. He
> saw me and wandered off towards some small hemlock trees along the edge of
> the pipeline cut. He spent the next half hour eating all this year's new
> growth off the hemlocks. I have also noticed that porkies like the bark on
> the small limbs of black birch trees.
> Mark

what you said.

Cecil E Monson