[AT] Subdivision Development

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Fri Dec 3 04:26:09 PST 2004

	Herb is lucky to live in a county that shows some regard for it's
senior citizens. What they are doing there is recognising that these older
citizens have already put in their years of work and have made their
contributions to society. Hopefully they will have many years of peace
without worry over losing their homes to high taxes.

	Rob is in a different situation and one like we were in quite a few
years ago. Raising taxes comes with adding services that appear to be needed
but once they start this, it will never end. The Arabs in the old days had
camels that took over the tent and we have this sort of thing. I believe in
a good police department, personally, but that doesn't mean a good one is
a large one. Once they get a full time officer with an SUV, it will become
an issue that he needs time off and how can he get it if he is the only
officer. Then once you get another one, it will likely be necessary to have
a Chief of Police. They will all need vehicles and a lot of other equipment.
Then a bigger and better police station and that is the way it will go.

	I have no idea how the spread of additional services can be stopped
without stopping the influx of newcomers to the area and doubt you could
legally do that anyhow. So welcome to the 21st Century, Rob. I hope it takes
a long time to get where you are.

	Just an antique tractor related note here, our increase this year in
school taxes alone would have bought me at least 6 more Allis Chalmers tractors.
Not that I need them, of course, but why not have more tractors?

Cecil

> The township I'm in just raised the property tax rate for the first time

in 14 years because they say they want to have a police officer on duty 24

hours a day. Now, after 5pm all calls go to the state police. They also want

a SUV for the police department. Those sorts of things are not a big deal,

but if the population continues to grow the big ticket items are when they

need to build new schools. That costs big bucks...

> Rob
> PA
>

> Herbert Metz wrote:
>
>> Forsyth County, GA is one of a few counties where senior citizens do not

pay school taxes; our taxes paid this year were $1.80/$1,000 current market

value.   Our not paying school taxes was approved by the voters a couple

years ago., just before the economy slumped.  The schools wanted to fight

it, but were afraid to.

what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson