[AT] OT- Digital Cameras

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 21 17:24:44 PDT 2004

Mike,

The  cameras with the dock (mainly Kodak I think) do not require that the
dock be used to download the pictures to your pc or printer.  If you choose
to use the dock, it is very simple.  Touch one button and it opens the
software in the pc and reads the memory in the camera.  One or two mouse
clicks after that and picturres are copied over to do with as you choose.
If you prefer, don't use the dock but go directly to the pc usb port with a
cable.  I leave the dock hooked to the pc all the time because it is fast
and easy, and that is for me.  I leave the camera on a few minutes after
sending the pics over and the  dock brings the battery to full charge again
before putting the camera away.  Many people like other methods, but this is
all I have used and it works great.  Now you can just slip your sd card or
whatever type into a slot in the pc or printer and load over that way (just
like Wally World).

I asked this list  your question last yeat as I was shopping, and had some
excellent feed back, which was very helpful, so I am sure you will also.
Since February this year, I have taken over 1000 pictures and am still happy
with my purchase. Had this been done with film, the film and the printing
would have cost as mush as the digital camera did, so I feel I am even at
this point.  Just keep in mind that any picture you take will be no better
than the quality of the lens in the camera you purchase.

Hope all this ramble is somewhat helpful.

Charlie V

P.S.  If you do find you have any interest in the Kodak brand, I would be
happy to share what I have learned off list or by phone.  I know there are
many other excellent brands out there, but I have no hands on exp. with
them.