[AT] The best laid plans of mice and men

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Tue Aug 17 10:25:22 PDT 2004

In a message dated 8/16/2004 11:12:45 PM Central Daylight Time,
cmonson at hvc.rr.com writes:
He recommends using PEX tubing placed on the floor joists one inch
under the floor and I wondered if any of you have direct experience with
this stuff. Present cost is 35 cents a foot and I am going to need about
4000 feet of it plus the fittings.

    It should be an interesting year
Cecil:
I put this stuff under the cement (4 inches) and in the sand on top of foil
backed insulation.  I tried to heat the floor and shop with 2 hot water heaters
( electric)......  Still trying to pay that electric bill for 2
weeks...!!!!!!!!!!!1   Be careful when you get that PEX pipe.  is does not like any
sunlight.  It will break with the slightest bend after only 2 weeks exposure to
direct sunlight...   I got about 4000 ft left from my installation in 1998, I tried
to get the plumnbing supply to make good on it after we found out the problem
about 2 years later.  Still have not heard from them.....

The pipe is dated on the side, and I would make sure it was brand new......

Just my $0.02

Cecil in OKla