SV: [AT] The best laid plans of mice and men

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Tue Aug 17 04:00:18 PDT 2004

> Your plans with the heater sounds good to me. Many people in Sweden

have similiar systems and they really work fine. I especially like

when they are placed out of the house, not because of any fire danger

thats not really a problem if you install and use correctly in a proper

room, but because when heating your hotwater in summer you don't want

to heat the whole house like if you have it in the basement.

	We have a hot water heating system for our house now, Mattias,
and the boiler is in a separate small room outside the house - but
attached to it. It does keep the house cooler in the summer as we heat
our hot water with the same furnace. This furnace burns only oil, however,
and oil seems to be getting more and more expensive. That is why I have
been looking at outdoor wood burning furnaces for several years. Another
thing is keeping the wood out of the house reduces dust and then too,
there is no wood smoke in the house either - also no smell of creosote
on damp rainy days. We will likely put in a fireplace and a wood buring
insert type stove to burn when we feel we would like to watch the fire.

	We did not plan to move away from this location 10 years ago, or
even 5 years ago for that matter. But, there has been a heavy influx of
people moving up from the New York City area with their fast cars and
demands for more and more services. They are turning this into a place
with very high taxes and terrible traffic conditions. The new property
is 40 miles further north and out of the commuting range for the City.
The only extra traffic the new area gets is a few more people live there
in the summer than in the winter but that's it. Then too, this place with
the tenant cottages and a lot of summer mowing, winter snow plowing and
clearing is getting harder and harder to maintain the way I like it as
I get older. I can use a few easy days here and there and maybe just sit
in the sun and think about the "old days" once in a while.

Cecil

Cecil

what you said.

Cecil E Monson