SV: [AT] The best laid plans of mice and men

Kessen Mattias (Road SE) mattias.kessen at ncc.se
Mon Aug 16 22:26:56 PDT 2004

Your plans with the heater sounds good to me. Many people in Sweden have similiar systems and they really work fine. I especially like when they are placed out of the house, not because of any fire danger thats not really a problem if you install and use correctly in a proper room, but because when heating your hotwater in summer you don't want to heat the whole house like if you have it in the basement. There's is even another really good solution to that, you could use sunpanels to get hotwater in the summer and even at times of the year most people would think it's impossible. But since you have your own firewood there is no economy in installing those.
	Rectangular accumulation tanks will use lesser space. Pex tubing works really fine and is easy to work with. Be sure that the concrete is dried out before you turn the heat on and be sure to turn it on slowly. That even goes for most floor surface materials. I lived in a house with heated floors and it had one controlbox in each room, really fine since you don't need the same temperature in every room.

And yes if I were to make any changes at home I'll do it like this (more or less).

Mattias