[Ford-ferguson] Resistor & condenser 8N

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Mon Aug 16 08:58:51 PDT 2004

Ace Russell wrote:
> Sorry for all these basic questions, but while shopping online, I saw a kit
> for converting to electronic ignition. What are the pros and cons? Is that a
> project for an amateur?
It really depends on the tractor. For the old front mounted distributor
Ford 9N/2N, it is a Bid Deal. for the side mounted Fords and Fergusons,
I understand that it isn't all that difficult a task. I have heard some
suggestions that you stick with the Pertronix/Gennosee units and avoid
the ones sold by Denny's Carb Shop. But I have never had any dealings
with any of them, so I am just passing along what I saw written in this
list.

As far as the advantages of electronic ignition over regular electric, I
am not convinced that it is worth the money. Maybe I am just lucky but
all of my tractors seem to start quite well with the original system.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take.
-Adlai Stevenson, statesman (1900-1965)