[AT] Allis Chalmers wheel disk

Len Rugen lrugen at c-magic.com
Sun Aug 15 13:03:33 PDT 2004

Your WD-45 must have had a lot more guts than ours, or the soil is a lot
different.  We had various 7-8' wheel disks, but at 8' the WD was loosing
traction even if it had enough HP.  I have a 8' IH 37, pull a harrow behind
and my 52 HP MF will sometimes spin down in plowed ground.

The probelem around here is that the disks for the real small tractors were
"drag" disks, they didn't have wheels.  When farms got bigger and equipment
needed to be "roaded", these got scrapped.

> The 12 foot one in the picture was built for a WD-45 to pull.

---