[AT] OT: Thank you Farmer

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Fri Aug 13 07:20:09 PDT 2004

Buried phone lines in this neck of the woods get nothing of that sort of
treatment.  They're rarely more than six inches down, and are installed
with just a vibrating plow.  It cuts a slit in the ground that heals
over within a couple of weeks.  About the only restriction the phone
company uses here is that they demand to be the LAST utility to be
installed.  That way, there's less likelihood that some other utility
will cut through them.

Larry