[AT] OT: Thank you Farmer

Mark Greer greerfam at raex.com
Sun Aug 15 13:24:10 PDT 2004

They bury 'em the same way around here. The first three years I was married
we lived on a farm owned by my wife's family. My father-in-law chisel plowed
the field in front of the house each spring after they applied manure and
tore out the phone line each spring. The knuckleheads from the phone company
had installed the phone line in a straight line from the pole out at the
road back across the field to the house about 8" deep. That chisel plow will
easily dig 12" in soft ground so you can see where the problem lies. After
the third year this happened, I was at home when they came out to repair the
line and insisted they bring the line down the road to the driveway and back
to the front yard along the drive and then straight across the yard to the
house. The line hasn't been plowed up again since then.
Mark