[Steam-engine] Article on Rynda's Auction.

Ken Majeski fuller_johnson1 at msn.com
Tue Aug 10 17:30:16 PDT 2004

Well Harry. On the Bottom of the Minnie Barrel I got from .410 to a low
of.392. On the Russel Barrel I got from about .390 to about .400 ( I never
thought they were that thick) On the Case from .210 to about .240. I heard
later someone found a spot that read .1 something. The first thing I do when
I get a thin reading like that is to move over about 1/4 to 1/2 inch to see
if I hit an inclusion or a isolated pit but it was consitantly thin. The
Case catalog lists the 40 and 50 Butt Strap barrel at 9/32 (.281) But if you
check that one or mine above the water line you will get about .320

My Butt Strap 40 barrel  on the bottom ranges from a low of .276 at the
front to about .310 at the rear bottom. And this boiler is in what I would
call fairly good condition. My Minnie ranges from about .416 over the water
line to a low of about .324 in the barrel and from .380 to .348 in the
firebox baring a few isolated pits. The Minnie calculated for 172 PSI based
on firebox readings. I have had 145 PSI for the last 20 years so nothing has
changed.

Yes Joe, some of the shows have helped  me with hauling and boiler
inspection. The Minnie hasn't been off the farm since 2000 (Edgar) but the
Case has been at Edgar in 2001 and at Rice Lake in 2001 and 2003 and 2004. I
can haul that one myself but it is a LOAD for my F 250 and not very fuel
efficient.  I have had the Minnie and the Case to Eau Claire a few years ago
and Old Marv liked them both on his sawmill... But now I take a couple Gas
Engines to Almelund.... as I can haul them and my Pikup camper.... See you
at Baraboo.... We sure had a Good Time there last year...

Ken Majeski, Ellsworth Wis. Case Steam Engine, Minneapolis Steam Engine,
Rumely Oilpulls H, F, & R. Website, Http://www.pressenter.com/~kmajeski/