[AT] Small square hay bales?

Wayne Snelling wsnelling at southplainscollege.edu
Thu Apr 8 08:04:16 PDT 2004

When I bale my own I put them up in 65 lb bales but when I pay someone
to bale (pay by the bale) they usually run around 35 lbs. It seems the
custom guys don't want to carry heavy bales on the baler, or is it
something else. I know when I bale my bales don't come apart but it is
difficult to load and unload custom bales without some coming apart.
The 65 bales gives you a good idea how many tons per acre you are making
as it takes 33 bales to make a ton. That is what I have always been
taught but cannot seem to teach the custom baler that concept.

Wayne