[AT] OT Question OT

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Fri Apr 2 16:17:35 PST 2004

The big thing with Dell is watching for the best deal. They run web
specials all the time. Some offer free shipping,upgrades and other free
stuff. (current deal is free digital camera and all in one
printer/scanner/fax Base priced systems start at 499.00) If you work it
right and know about a couple places that list coupon codes and other
upgrade coupons and combine those possible you can get a deal far better
than anything they package. For instance when I got my 8200 a couple
years ago a system like mine was 1800.00 IF you didn't do your homework.
I ended up paying 1200.00 and got free shipping, more memory, free XP
upgrade (still running ME though) a faster DVD drive and the better
keyboard.

I would bet a system they show online at say 1500.00 could be bought for
1000.00 if you looked around.

Steve Williams