[AT] OT Question OT

Phil Auten PGA2 at hot1.net
Fri Apr 2 16:04:47 PST 2004

Richard,
Sounds to me like your hard drive might be flaky. Just bought one to
replace a friend's 40Gig that
fails to complete Scandisk with an error trying to write to the drive. 40Gb
Maxtor UDMA 133, 7200
RPM drive was $55 delivered to my door. Can't beat that. Might solve your
problem.
If it was me, I'd check around and see who might be able to help you check
out the system and
repair it. Sure would be a lot cheaper than buying new. I am going to
replace Windows ME with
98SE on Jack's system as ME has a bad problem with doing really flaky
stuff. I suspect you have
a hardware problem, not a problem with Win98SE.

Phil