[AT] New/Old Tractors

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Mon May 29 09:19:50 PDT 2023

As an employee of Deere my bias is to green (and my bonus is affected by your tractor color...)

In that age range and size John Deere was switching from Yanmar made tractors (made in Japan) to their own design made in Augusta Georgia, US.  I don't know about the others you name, but I believe they are just paint color on one of what you were calling an off brand. Check this carefully, some seemingly name brand tractors are orphans that nobody can get parts for as the name made just enough changes that parts don't fit, then decided small tractors are not for them (or just switched to someone else making their tractors)

Don't start with the tractor size, start with what you want to do with it. What implements you have already is a factor,  but otherwise start with what you will do. The wrong sized tractor is not a good deal.

Tractors don't depreciate much, so stop by dealers and look at new ones. With financing you may find new is only slightly more in the long run, and eaiser on the pocketbook to make monthly payments instead of buying used.

If you can use a smaller 25 horsepower tractor, electric is coming in the next couple years. You might want to wait for them, or at least save $$$ so when they come you can trade up.  They are expected to be good for about 2 hours per day, but no trying to source fuel, so for snaller users like you they might be the ticket.

--
  Henry Miller
  hank at millerfarm.com