[AT] Con-AG and IFPE show

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Sat Mar 18 22:14:08 PDT 2023

This week I went too Las Vegas to attend the Con-Agg and IFPE show at the convention center there (Concrete - Aggregate and International Fluid Power Exposition). There were a large number of dozers there, and a Bobcat tractor that would be nice to own. Several large tractors for pulling scrapers were also there, and some huge discs.
There were more imported dozers and equipment that I had seen in past years. Doosan equipment in now renamed something, and many other brands I had not seen before.
Show also had a lot of other equipment and hydraulics - think it covered about 70 acres of space inside and outside. My sore feet covered about 2/3’s. of the show, but did not look at everything. Had commitments back home to time there was limited to 2 days of show time.
Saw a Cummins Hydrogen engine there, and a lot of electric equipment. Saw a few old time engines, and a very early KW tank truck. The little electric backhoes would be fun to play with. Saw an attachment to convert a skid steer loader to use like a backhoe priced at about $2100, which gave me an idea of how to make something similar for attaching to a front loader. There were several small grading blades to fit skid steers that had survey sensors mounted to them to help get contours right. There were some remote controlled ground clearing equipment that could be used on slopes steeper than a person would be safe riding. Picked up some JIC “seals” that help with seeping fittings I need for my Ecodiesel oil cooler lines.
Anyway it was a good show to see lots of equipment and components. I did not participate in any late evening shows or events that were around elsewhere.

Dennis.

Sent from my iPad