[AT] Actual tractor question

rdhaskell at juno.com rdhaskell at juno.com
Wed Apr 12 21:12:32 PDT 2023

Hi all.
Our club has a Ford 851 Farm master with a Superior 200 loader.  A while
back one ram on the bucket blew out, and I rebuilt both tilt rams.  Then
the lift rams went crazy.  the one on the right wanted to work properly,
and the left lagged behind going up and responded last going down.  I
rebuilt both lift rams but the problem continued.  It appears to be air
in the system.  I have now determined the proper way to top off the
hydraulic fluid and have the correct procedure to get the air out.  The
book says go up and down for 10 minutes with a load in the bucket.  I
have done this hundreds of lifts with no improvement.  Anyone have a
better way to get the air out?  Or is air not the problem?

Ron Haskell
Riverside CA
USA