[AT] PSA

Spencer Yost Spencer at rdfarms.com
Tue Apr 4 08:57:21 PDT 2023

Recently, I have received two phishing emails. The “from” address is the list address and the “to” address is the address I use on the list. The body contains a reply to a message that I sent to the list.  The body has an attached document and the text of the reply is typical phishing text: “Please open ….blah blah”

I mention it for two reasons: first, if it’s happening to me, it’s almost certainly happening to other list members. So, I feel compelled to issue a warning. Second, because it’s the list address and sent to an account you may have dedicated to the list and contains a message that you actually sent to the list, on the surface it looks more legit than your typical phishing email. So just be careful.

Since the archives are public, my guess is they are pulling them from there.

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone