[AT] Moving railroad ties

Aaron Dickinson a_dickinson at att.net
Sat Jun 11 14:33:05 PDT 2022

While building my sister’s log house I had to move hundreds of 4x8x8 square oak “logs”. She had a John Deere 3-cyl diesel with loader, I put a six foot brush hog on the three point as ballast, and could line up about six of them, end out, but that bucket had an upper lip that returned down into the bucket (if that makes sense). The square logs used the cutting edge of the bucket as a fulcrum, and the upper lip to keep the back down. When driving, if the logs were level the bucket would be 30-45 degrees curled. Don’t think I have any pictures.

Aaron Dickinson

Mason, Michigan