[AT] Need some help, hard starting CR950 Briggs

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 16:42:19 PST 2022

We have a log splitter a couple of years old that has a OHV CR950 Briggs.
It only has a few hours on it but has become quite hard to start (recoil
start). It is way too recent for my knowledge base... It seems that most
things are these days. Apparently the OHV Brigg's have a cam bump
"compression relief" I also understand that there is an important valve
adjustment procedure that can normally improve starting problems. We can't
find a site that gives a clear and understandable explanation of the
procedure.
Does anyone know of a site with a clear description of how to do it? It
will usually start if it is sitting in the sun and the temp is at least
50... Yesterday at 45 degrees it "ALMOST" started 837 times... It keeps
firing enough to keep you trying and trying...
Thanks

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA