[AT] Changing times (was Allis Chalmers 6140)

Bill Brueck bill at apluscomputer.com
Fri Dec 16 18:12:02 PST 2022

I tried facebook early on, found it taking too much time as old acquaintances were finding me and seemed to have not enough to do and wanted to chat.  All good folks but I didn’t want to spend all my time online catching up with folks I’d not seen for 50 years.  Then the political side of the big online players started to surface and I quit.

In my rural area (SE Minnesota) the tractor drives are still active, maybe 150 units on the local one this past year, and plenty of young drivers.  One driver next year will by my own grandson who will have his drivers license by then and who has been attending auctions with me for several years and likes to spend time with me on these projects.  Also very active FFA in the high school and active 4H clubs; really good kids, parents involved, great peers for my grandson to hang out with.

Yes, this list is pretty inactive but when a is post presented there seem to be several folks ready to take up the thread.  I suppose you’re mostly like me, slowing down a lot and not spending as much time in the shop as we used to.  I keep tuned into Spencer’s list and Dean’s list and enjoy following and participating when I might have something to contribute.

Wishing you all a blessed Christmas and a prosperous new year!

B²
Bill Brueck
   Pine Island, MN USA