[AT] Air lines for shop

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Sat Sep 11 07:42:56 PDT 2021

Thanks for all the great ideas. There is stuff I learned that I didn’t even know: like something pex-AL-pex even exists. Didn’t know anything about it.

As for the pressure rating on the pipes, some of Lowe’s and Home Depot‘s pipe specifically mention schedule 40, some of the others don’t.  Even for the schedule 40 pipe Lowes list 150 psi.  I’m thinking they just don’t know how to write up the product descriptions because I know schedule 40 handles way more than 150 psi

When I built my shop I did do one thing that I still thank myself for: plenty of natural light.  I’ve got eight, big 4 x 4 windows in the shop.  Because of all the natural light I have ruled out plastic pipes of most varieties.  Plus my farm insurance inspector will have a cow for anything not metal I am sure.

I got a personal text message in reply to this thread and he to told me to remember to check the pressure ratings of the fittings if I go copper. It seem like a really handy warning so I wanted to pass it along here.

Keep up the great ideas!

Ps:  As someone suggested, I will keep the runs angled towards a trap.

Sent from my iPhone