[AT] Air lines for shop

Carl Szabelski c.s.szabelski at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 06:45:22 PDT 2021

Have you considered CPVC, which is stronger than PVC, but is considered to
be more brittle. So you would have to make sure you’re not going to be
putting it anywhere where it would take a big hit. I know that if you hit
it hard enough you can develop a crack. I believe it’s rated at something
like 400 psi at room temperature and something like 100 psi at about 180
degrees. You should be able to find a pressure/temperature chart somewhere
online. It also uses a different cement than PVC due to it’s hardness, but
there are cements that work on both CPVC and PVC.

I guess you could always put some kind of cover over it if it’s in an area
where it might take a hit.

Carl