[AT] OT- Troy-Bilt Horse

Bill Brueck bill at apluscomputer.com
Tue Oct 5 17:51:19 PDT 2021

The governor and the carb throttle should be linked.  Then the throttle should tighten a spring, usually attached to the governor arm, that the governor works against.  At idle setting the butterfly can close but as the throttle is increased the butterfly opens and is increasingly hard to close as the throttle is advanced and the spring tightens.

Should still do the adjustment I spoke of, linkage may be a little different with the new carb.  I generally do this adjustment whenever I have had a carb off.  This adjustment also compensates for linkage as it wears.  Just takes a couple of seconds.  Put a little finger pressure at the junction of the governor and the arm, loosen the bolt, tighten it again.

I probably have an HH60 or similar around.  If the above doesn’t help I can check and send a pic if you need.  The engine on my tiller should be about what you’re looking at.

B²
Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.