[AT] Air lines for shop: Finished with review

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Wed Nov 3 20:55:16 PDT 2021

I agree that stainless is a real challenge for threading. I worked as a maintenance engineer when our company got into nitrogen pumping, where we pumped it as a liquid, and then vaporized it to pump into wells, or other places. Everything from the tank to the vaporizer was stainless. Just to make it interesting, the temperature between the liquid and the vaporized gas averaged 400 to 450 degrees F, and the pressure was between 2000 and 10,000 PSI. In other areas, pressure was up to 15,000 PSI. What we found worked best was a bronze anti-seize compound.
We worked real hard to eliminate most all pipe threads, because they were such a pain to try and seal.

Dennis

Sent from my iPad