[AT] history of PTO's on tractors .... when LIVE PTO

Brian lesh at kci.net
Sun May 30 09:20:21 PDT 2021

We had a WC Allis with a PTO.  Came off the bottom of Transmission with
a open shaft to the back above drawbar.  No hand clutch but did have
hand brakes.  Not very handy reaching for the left one turning when your
sitting on the right. It got retired to pulling a self unloading feed
wagon.  Funny that showed up after brother and I were gone to college.
Guess we wore out the old wagon that we loaded and unloaded Silage by
hand with the old beet forks that had the balls cut off.  Looking back I
guess it wasn't all that bad...Dad did it by himself for 20 years before
we were old enough to help. Would guess the WC was made in late 30's.

Brian CO