[AT] Quick Hitch

Stuart Harner stuart at harnerfarm.net
Thu May 20 05:07:02 PDT 2021

I have the one from Harbor Freight. There are several videos on U-Tube on how to “improve” it.

In my case I discovered there is enough “tolerance” in the 3 point specs that every single implement I have is not the same, especially in the pin to top link distance. The top hook on the adaptor is adjustable and would work fine if all the implements were the same. But as it is I basically use it on one implement, then have to spend a bunch of time if I swap to something else. Having to dig out two wrenches to adjust the adaptor every swap seems to take the quick out of quick hitch.

As for the PTO hookup problem, I feel your pain there too. Some of the shafts are the correct length that they work well with or without the adaptor, some are just at the edge of full length without so they are too short when using the adaptor. I could buy new shafts but at the current prices it seems improper to replace a shaft that is not damaged.

For the most part, my adaptor sits on top of the least used implement. At least I don’t have to move it as often that way. J

Maybe someday I will figure out a way to “universalize” my implements or build and easily adjustable adaptor. Oh well.

Stuart