[AT] Lawn mower carburetors are a piece of cake..... Wrong--NOW Battery Power

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Thu Jun 10 20:14:16 PDT 2021

My Makita power head does not list a brush cutter as an attachment(trimmer, pole saw, hedge clippers, etc but no brush cutter).  However, they do have a separate electric brush cutter:

https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/XRU16Z

I can’t tell any significant difference between the gas trimmers I’ve owned and the electric trimmer.  The electric trimmer seems every bit as capable.  It also seems to handle loads a tad better - not sure if that’s the difference between gas and electric torque curves.  It’s high end speed seems a tad slower however.   Those are the only two differences I’ve noticed.

I imagine electric would do pretty good for that use case.  I’d have the dealer demonstrate for you though.

PS:  I’m probably going to pop for the pole saw attachment.   Tired of having to worry about my tractors umbrella while going along wood lines.  I’ve already had to replace the umbrella’s pole once after a branch caught the umbrella and bent the pole.  If/when I do that I’ll give a review.

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone