[AT] Lawn mower carburetors are a piece of cake..... Wrong--NOW Battery Power

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 18:10:21 PDT 2021

Several years ago we bought Diana a 60 volt Snapper trimmer. I think that
was also the year that I bought her a new broom, sparing no expense. That
Snapper has been a great trimmer. It has a "soft start" and it just keeps
going. Earlier this week I was watching her plough through a batch of waist
high grass in a little lot too small for a bigger mower... I probably
wouldn't try to use it on very much brush and rocks but it should work fine
for any big yard. This year I bought her a really nice set of loppers... I
also bought her a good used 4 cycle edger / trimmer. It runs nice, I just
need to pick up an air cleaner for it.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 8:11 PM Kenneth Gene Waugh <kgwaugh0943 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am not aware of any of the battery trimmers that accept brush cutting
> blades. Even though I am very happy with my EGO trimmer for light to
> moderate, in-town use, I suspect that you would not be happy with battery
> operated.
>
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 6:48 PM STEVE ALLEN <steveallen855 at centurytel.net>
> wrote:
>

>> To those of you gents who sing the praises of battery powered motor
>> tools, let me ask an honest question, please:
>>
>> How well do the weed trimmers handle heavy brush, brushy clumps, and
>> woody stalks?  Related:  do any accept brush cutting blades?  My trimming
>> is rife with such obstructions, and I'd like a sense of capacity to handle
>> the heavy stuff before investigating further.  I'd trust your reports more
>> than just about any other, so I haven't even bothered looking elsewhere.
>>
>> Thanks for any insight,
>>
>> The "original" Steve Allen
>>

> --
> Gene