[AT] Super C PTO seal

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 04:17:52 PDT 2021

Pointless ramble follows...  :-)
I can't help you on the seal since I have never worked on one of them
 or even driven one but I have long drooled over the Super C's. I fell in
love with them back when I first saw the tractor square dances using them
at the Indiana State Fair demonstrating the "new" Fast Hitch. That must
have been about 1954 and I would have been about 12 and fully
impressionable. One wouldn't have been a good fit for us by then, too
small. By that time we were farming a few hundred acres with a new Jubilee
Ford, a TO-20 Ferguson (with oversized pistons) and a John Deere 40-C
crawler with dozer blade. we were needing to bump-up a few HP, not buy
something smaller. The Jubilee and the beefed up TO-20 were quite well
matched at that point. The 40-C served special purposes dozing in washes
and clearing scrub brush on this farm which had been badly neglected for
years when purchased.
The bump-up came a year or two later when the 40-C was replaced with a new
IHC 300-Utility with 3-14's and the dealer had wisely ordered it with the
oversized rear tire option. I was very fond of that tractor and of the fast
hitch. That fast hitch plow was actually a 3 point hitch since it had a
pivot point in the plow frame and used a top link to control the plow angle.
These days I am quite fond of the smaller tractors and have little interest
in the big stuff... And even less in the new-fangled stuff.  :-)

.

On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 12:32 AM <rdhaskell at juno.com> wrote:

> Hi all.
> I have a friend with an IH Super C.  He is trying to remove the seal
> around the PTO shaft and is having difficulty.  Sent me a picture and it
> looks like the seal wraps around the bearing.  Any tips would be
> appreciated.
>

> Ron Haskell
> rdhaskell at juno.com
> Riverside, California USA