[AT] Gas tank sealers

Ken Richards krichards2507 at charter.net
Sun Jan 24 05:16:32 PST 2021

Thanks, Bo.

From: Bo Hinch
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 9:02 AM
To: Antique Tractor Email Discussion Group
Subject: Re: [AT] Gas tank sealers

I use a product called Red-kote which I purchase from our local Oreilly`s ( and you can order off of the internet )and I think they had to order it . I put a lot of gravel along with some water and Shake till I`m blue in the face and then shake it some more . Dump that out , flush with clean water and blow the tank with air and once it is dry , pour in MEK , slosh that around then dump it out . Once the MEK smell is gone . I pour in the Red-Kote and slowly roll around until everything is well coated and then let dry / cure . Once that smell has disappeared , it is ready for use . If you put in gas before the Red-Kote has completely cured , that stops the curing process . I have done many tanks , large and small . I did one on a 9N that had large holes rusted thru and thru . Put masking tape on the outside  and treated inside . That was 19 years ago and the tank is still as good today as it was then . Just finished a tank on a 1949 Simplex Servi-Cycle two weeks ago . Temperature effects curing time .