[AT] Gas tank sealers

Bo Hinch bohinch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 07:02:46 PST 2021

I use a product called Red-kote which I purchase from our local Oreilly`s (
and you can order off of the internet )and I think they had to order it . I
put a lot of gravel along with some water and Shake till I`m blue in the
face and then shake it some more . Dump that out , flush with clean water
and blow the tank with air and once it is dry , pour in MEK , slosh that
around then dump it out . Once the MEK smell is gone . I pour in the
Red-Kote and slowly roll around until everything is well coated and then
let dry / cure . Once that smell has disappeared , it is ready for use . If
you put in gas before the Red-Kote has completely cured , that stops the
curing process . I have done many tanks , large and small . I did one on a
9N that had large holes rusted thru and thru . Put masking tape on the
outside  and treated inside . That was 19 years ago and the tank is still
as good today as it was then . Just finished a tank on a 1949 Simplex
Servi-Cycle two weeks ago . Temperature effects curing time .