[AT] O.T. whan flu vaccine?

Howard Pletcher hrpletch at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 14:32:06 PST 2021

>From what I've seen on the news, there has been little preparation to
provide the people to give the shots.  Yes, MD's and nurses at the
hospitals are qualified IF the hospital has the refrigeration needed to
keep the vaccine cold, but most of these people are already working
overtime taking care of patients.

Walgreens and CVS seem to be hiring people and will be giving shots, but it
takes time to gear this up and get the people trained.  I don't know about
your states, but in many places, the shots are being given to medical
personnel, nursing homes, and some "essential" workers with other groups
including those over 65 being the next groups to be eligible

Howard

On Sun, Jan 3, 2021 at 5:19 PM Carl Gogol <cgogol1971 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Herb,
>
> I too keep wondering why the vaccine isn’t going into arms very fast.
> There is supposedly a lot ( hundreds of thousands of doses) of vaccine in
> NY, but not much going into arms that are officially counted.  Perhaps if
> the right people are known, a bit of green moves you up the unofficial
> line.  Politicians cry the money blues as the reason it is not hitting arms
> faster. Politicians seem to easily get the vaccine.   Flu vaccine was
> distributed in record numbers this year, those people are now available to
> do the same with COVID.  I don’t see an excuse for not rapidly moving what
> is had into arms.  Oh yes, the soft ground is almost frozen enough to skid
> some logs without making a mess  with my D-14.
>
> Carl, Manlius, NY

Howard