[AT] Cub

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Thu Jan 28 15:29:51 PST 2021

Today is a good tractor day. I got the Cub running today that I got from Phil Auten some months ago. Worked on it little by little when I had a little time. To start it I had to redo timing 180, make a temporary gas tank because original was full of crude from setting too long, and have the starter rebuilt - it had 1 coil shorted. Then just a little tinkering and it started.
Was a bit concerned, because I started it dry and I started hearing some knock. Shit it off, put a little water in it, then connected the top fill between the head and the radiator, topped off the coolant, and started it again. Have not heard that knock again. It was not idling down, and running at a faster idle than I like, but for the first run in several years, that is not too bad.
Now I can work on other things like idle, gas tank, generator pulleys, etc. Also need to start on the Alice C that is locked up. Just happy it is running.

Dennis

Sent from my iPad