[AT] Photos from work

bradloomis at charter.net bradloomis at charter.net
Mon Feb 22 13:56:04 PST 2021

Yup, wind machines. After bud break in the spring they run if it gets below 39°. There is a new lemon orchard to the north, i.e. just a few hundred yards to the right of the cilantro field. New wind machines in that. Had been a hay field before that. They are all propane in this locale. At the last winery I was, 30 miles north and subject to much colder lows, they used Rainbirds on top of the trellis for frost protection. I suspect those may eventually be replaced by wind what with the scarcity of water. 700 acres of sprinklers is a lot of water.

Brad