[AT] Air compressor failure

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Tue Dec 7 05:59:07 PST 2021

That was my thinking..  I have a belt drive compressor that cuts off at
175 and on at 160.   That Husky is made by Campbell Hausfeld and is a
max 150PSI.  So, if it is getting weak, then 135 is not far from the
absolute maximum the compressor can pump. Northern Tool carries a lot of
parts for these, or there should be a Campbell Hausfeld repair center
close that could supply a gasket and rings.  You might check the oil
level or change the oil.  I use Mystic Anti wear hydraulic oil in mine.
It is rated for compressor use.  I have 3 20 Hp Quincy compressors in my
shop.  I don't need that much air unless I am going to sandblast.  The
last time I sandblasted something, I was exhausted in less than an hour
of work.  We have a Latino sandblast crew  and they charge $75/ per man
hour.  I had 2 18.4 x 38 rims sandblasted by them and they put 2 guys on
it and in 10 minutes it was done.  It took longer to haul them over, but
by the tie I got everything set up, it would have taken 3 hours.   If I
had a big project like a trailer it would be different.  I will add that
the hardest thing to sandblast is a stock trailer.
Cecil