[AT] Farmall H magneto "fix"

Ray Trimble farmall_1947 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 07:09:29 PST 2021

I have had this tractor for over 30 years and never had a ignition problem but it has set now for over 10 years. I went to play with it and had no spark. Traced it to the points not conducting when closed. When working with the magneto I found in it life before me the mag coil & condenser had been striped out and a external coil and condenser had been added but using the mags points. Was this a common fix in the past for a failed mag? Also I have never seen the point design used on the mag looks overly heady duty. After cleaning the points they did start conducting.

Ray