[AT] tractor electrical question

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Thu Aug 26 19:23:18 PDT 2021

Solenoid appears to be putting out the 12V needed for cranking while
starter is spinning. I guess key switch could possibly be the issue, but
everything else appears to work fine including the fuel solenoid on carb.

Whatever it is, its heat related. Takes about 1/2 hr to get hot enough
to fail and more juice to the coil fixes it. I really think its a
resistor or resistor wire built in the harness some where. I put on a
new condenser today--not too happy with the no-name pts and condenser
set I put in  recently. Looked up this condenser directly off the Delco
number in the parts book. Going to go mow tomorrow and see if the
problem is still there--will be armed with jumper wire and volt meter.

John Hall