[AT] Curiosity killed the cat...hole in manifold ... Inspection Camera

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Sat Nov 28 13:27:25 PST 2020

szabelski at wildblue.net wrote:
> Dean, I’ve never purchased one, but the reviews on the HFT website
> indicate it’s a decent buy. Don’t know how far you have to drive to
> HFT, but if you do decide to buy one, I would check it out in the
> store before you leave. It might save you a trip back to the store to
> return a relatively cheap tool if it’s nonfunctional or defective.
>
> Carl
I have one of the earlier ones (67890) that came with the smaller camera
head that will fit into a plug hole. It's been real handy for checking
for things like internal engine damage, even to look at cams and such on
newer engines where you can feed it into a valve cover. Or trying to
look for leaks under other parts. Mine allows both video and photo
storage on a memory card and does a good job.
My only gripe with it is that the image will likely not be in the same
orientation because the camera moves around as you bend the neck to get
it into different places, that can make it difficult to get oriented if
you don't really know what you should be seeing. My method for that is
simple though, I use the screen to move it around and get the areas that
I want in multiple positions and brightness levels and then view the
results on a computer monitor where I can rotate the image as needed.

Makes things like explaining to a customer why they need to replace the
cylinder head due to damage from the broken timing parts much easier...

--
Steve W.