[AT] OT, one of those days, a Monday

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Tue May 19 14:23:48 PDT 2020

szabelski at wildblue.net wrote:
> Cecil,
>
> If the freezer compartment appears to be working, but the
> refrigerator compartment is not, that’s usually a sign that the
> evaporator fan has issues. It sounds like you have the fan running,
> but maybe there’s something that’s not letting it cool down the
> refrigerator compartment enough, like some insulation blocking air
> flow, or a dust build.
>
> Those 35 year old refrigerators aren’t very good on energy
> conservation, so a new one may actually save you money in the long
> run. Unfortunately it’s hard to find one that doesn’t have ice and
> water dispensers, and aren’t wi-fi connected. But maybe you’ll
> appreciate running a water line, changing out filters, and having it
> send you reminders that you’re low on eggs, milk and butter, and that
> the lettuce is wilted and needs to be tossed out.
>
> My wife is not looking forward to replacing our refrigerator in the
> future since she doesn’t want any of those bells and whistles. The
> last one we purchased took a while to find since we didn’t want water
> and ice dispensers. It’s a little bigger than what we need, but we
> didn’t want to pay for all the things we didn’t want.
>
> Carl

Could be worse. The one we have is built into a hole that nothing newer
will fit into. The joys of manufactured homes...
I have a workable plan but it means moving the entire lower counter and
cabinets by about 9 inches. The upside is that if I do it right I can
also install a longer tub at the same time.

--
Steve W.