[AT] OT, one of those days, a Monday

szabelski at wildblue.net szabelski at wildblue.net
Tue May 19 13:44:48 PDT 2020

Cecil,

If the freezer compartment appears to be working, but the refrigerator compartment is not, that’s usually a sign that the evaporator fan has issues. It sounds like you have the fan running, but maybe there’s something that’s not letting it cool down the refrigerator compartment enough, like some insulation blocking air flow, or a dust build.

Those 35 year old refrigerators aren’t very good on energy conservation, so a new one may actually save you money in the long run. Unfortunately it’s hard to find one that doesn’t have ice and water dispensers, and aren’t wi-fi connected. But maybe you’ll appreciate running a water line, changing out filters, and having it send you reminders that you’re low on eggs, milk and butter, and that the lettuce is wilted and needs to be tossed out.

My wife is not looking forward to replacing our refrigerator in the future since she doesn’t want any of those bells and whistles. The last one we purchased took a while to find since we didn’t want water and ice dispensers. It’s a little bigger than what we need, but we didn’t want to pay for all the things we didn’t want.

Carl