[AT] spring tooth harrows

szabelski at wildblue.net szabelski at wildblue.net
Tue May 5 07:12:52 PDT 2020

When I first got our Cub, it came with a plow, cultivator, grader blade, mowing deck, two sickle bars, three spring tooths, and an assortment of extra parts and adapters. In the fall I would plow our garden to turn the soil over, then in the spring I would use the spring tooths to break up the soil. The spring tooths are three foot wide and can be ganged together or used individually. I would set them at a shallow depth and break up the surface top, then I would set them deeper in two more steps and repeat the tilling, We have heavy clay here and it did a good job of breaking it up and leveling.

Now that I have the H, I bought a rotary tiller and use it to break up the soil in the spring. The spring tooths are now sitting on the side of the property and won’t see any use unless I’m doing some leveling in the yard.

Carl