[AT] '49 A and '51 A Updates and a New Start: the '47 B (deanvp)

Mark Johnson markjohnson100 at centurylink.net
Fri May 1 05:12:11 PDT 2020

I've had the throttle yanked closed on my gas (push) lawnmower, by trees
and brush, more times than I can count. Most of the time, it's just a
momentary blip; occasionally if I'm in heavy cutting at the same time,
it'll kill it.

Have also had tree limbs and brush pull the throttle lever back on JD A
& H more than once. I *did* learn to duck and keep my head out of
trouble when mowing fencerows along the woods.

I think I'd actually PAY to have a chance to run that
annoying-to-turn-corners JD 9W sickle-bar mower for a day. For some
reason, I always enjoyed mowing hay & pasture. Other than dodging
groundhog holes and rocks, I could let my mind wander and enjoy the
outdoors.

Mark J