[AT] IH #15 Hay Press

Andy Glines andyglines at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 26 08:05:04 PDT 2020

Thanks everyone for your answers.  Jim, there are no markings that I have found.  I will try it as you described.

Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 09:11:03 -0500
From: "Jim Becker" <mr.jebecker at gmail.com>
To: <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Subject: Re: [AT] IH #15 Hay Press

[There should be direction of rotation arrows on the flywheel(s).  The wrist pin should be traveling over the top of rotation on the compression stroke.  Those two statements should give you the same answer, which I can also rephrase as:  The top of the bull gears should be moving towards the chamber.  The flywheel should be rotating clockwise when viewed from the flywheel side (unless you have a dual flywheel version).

Unless the thing was hardly used, you should be able to see wear on the bull gear teeth which would make the direction obvious.

Jim Becker ]